While Mergers and Acquisitions are each unique, all have one commonality: the correct handling of IT departments is critical. U.S. HealthTek approaches M&As with a three-pronged approach. Contact us to learn how we can apply this strategy to your M&A.
Prepare: Create a Roadmap
We will assist you with the critical planning stage of a successful M&A, including these key points.
- Allow adequate time for assimilation of new functionality into lab processes.
- Select the right technology that aligns with both budget and growth potential.
- Manage a balance of profitability and IT spending.
- Manage in-progress contracts and stay clear of new ones to ensure optimal timing.
Process: Manage Goals
Once the roadmap is in place, we work with teams to execute smoothly against those goals, anticipating and avoiding potential setbacks.
- Maintain confidentiality, including internal staff only on a need-to-know basis.
- Manage staff stability as a priority. Once the word is out intellectual capital may walk, so having options must be in the plans.
- Create the documents that a new buyer wants to see.
- Know the buyer and what is important to them.
Post Process: Maintain Success
Our engagement with clients includes support throughout the entire process, to ensure a successful transition.
- Transition current projects to the new team.
- Retain key staff to maintain existing technology.
- Assist in the transition of clients, technology and data from the acquired to the acquirer.
- Make the transition as seamless as possible, with minimal client disruption.
Shoring up your lab’s IT offering before an M&A is increasingly important the closer your company gets to an acquisition. Engage our strategists early in discussions to make sure your company is ready for a smooth and efficient transition.